Since 1985, the Breckenridge Fine Arts Center has been a source of community pride for Breckenridge and the surrounding areas. The Center is committed to furthering the arts and artistic environment through education by focusing on two main objectives: to establish and maintain the finest in workshop facilities and instruction; and to provide high quality exhibits for the general public.
The diverse lectures, workshops, and exhibits appeal to a wide range of interests, thereby giving the artist in each of us a place to learn, to create, and to grow.
The Breckenridge Fine Arts Center invites visitors to share in its pursuit of artistic advancement. Enjoy the facility and all it has to offer as we continue inspiring, educating, and recognizing the artists of today and tomorrow.
The Breckenridge Fine Arts Center also offers:
- The Main Gallery, consisting of 2500 square feet, is equipped with excellent track lighting, carpeted walls, and maximum security units, making it ideal for any kind or size of exhibit.
- A spacious workshop area, featuring ceiling to floor north light and an adjoining area designed with special emphasis on sculpting. Area and nationally known instructors conduct many workshops each year, with easels and tables are available for student artists if needed.
- An annual Juried Art Show, judged by nationally-known artists
- The Children’s Summer Workshop, offering instruction and enjoyment to those interested in exploring the many different aspects of art and art appreciation
- A fully-equipped kitchen, available for receptions, special meetings, and workshop use
- Two permanent collections: All That Glitters: Festival Dresses of Texas and the Kathryn Leach Doll Collection.