JUNE 26 – AUGUST 6, 2020
- There will be no entries accepted via phone, email, or any other type of communication. All entries must be submitted through this website.
- You will receive a Confirmation Email that your entry was submitted correctly. Please do not call or email the BFAC to ask if your entry was submission was successful. Please add our email address (email@example.com) to your contact list. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam folder or seek assistance from your local IT professional.
- This Juried Show is being exhibited in Breckenridge, Texas, not to be confused with Breckenridge, Colorado.
This is a national/international competition open to all artists 21 years of age and over. Artwork that has been exhibited at the BFAC Juried Show in the past is not eligible to be entered into this year’s Juried Show. Original artwork must not be older than 3 years, except for bronze sculptures.
Original 2 and 3-dimensional art only. No photography, prints, or computer-generated artwork will be accepted.
Boundary measurement of framed art shall not exceed 200 inches. Boundary measurement is determined by adding the length and width measurements together and multiplying by 2. Round any measurements up to the next whole number.
For example: 24″ x 30″ framed painting would equal a 108-inch boundary (24 + 30 = 54 x 2= 108)
Oil, watercolor, scratchboard, acrylic, gouache, alkyd, tempera, mixed media, pastel, pencil, pen and ink, aquatint, fiber, bronze, wood, glass and ceramic will be accepted. If you have a question regarding your media, please email us.
All entry submissions must be submitted through our website by May 1, 2020. No exceptions.
NO EMAILED ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
DIGITAL IMAGE SUBMISSION
Using our online form, submit one .jpg/.jpeg image that is either 5 megabytes in file size or 8 megapixels in resolution (image needs to meet only one of those two requirements). This requirement will allow your artwork to be large enough to appear clearly in our catalog. No images with frames showing will be accepted.
ENTRY FORM AND FEE
A completed online form and non-refundable entry fee (U.S. funds) must accompany each submission. Entry fees are $25.00 per submission and are due by May 1, 2020. Fees must be paid via debit or credit card via PayPal (information will be presented once the submission entry form is successfully submitted).
NOTIFICATION OF SELECTION
All entrants will receive a notification email on May 22. Please make sure you have our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in your contacts so that our emails do not go to your spam folder.
- All original artwork accepted into the show shall be either hand delivered or shipped to the BFAC on or before June 10. Artists are encouraged to ship early if possible.
- All shipping charges (both directions) for artwork shall be at the artist’s expense, and the return shipping label should be in the original shipping container.
- All shipped artwork shall be in sturdy, reusable containers. Your shipping and packaging material must be useful for the return of your paintings or you will be charged an extra fee for packing materials supplied by the BFAC.
- Ship your artwork to:
Breckenridge Fine Arts Center
ATTN: Shalon Taylor Wilson, Director
207 N. Breckenridge Ave.
Breckenridge, TX 76424
- All accepted artwork MUST be labeled on the back with the following information: artist’s name, title of piece, phone number, retail price or “Not For Sale.”
(If NFS, please include insurance value)
- All artwork shall be shipped back to the artist via artist’s carrier unless other arrangements are made with the BFAC. We suggest that you buy a RETURN SHIPPING LABEL when you purchase the shipping label to us and include it in the original shipment.
- ABSOLUTELY NO POPCORN PACKING MATERIAL ALLOWED.
Any work sent with popcorn packing material will NOT be exhibited in the Juried Show.
- No glass except for pastel art. Only Plexiglas glazing will be accepted for all other artwork. This is essential for the safety of the originals.
- All artwork should be framed, wired and ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers. Gallery-wrapped canvases are acceptable if the sides are painted and the piece is wired and ready to hang.
- Check your shipping insurance. You are responsible for insuring the amount above what your shipping carrier will cover.
DISPLAY AND SALE OF ORIGINAL ART
The BFAC prefers entries that are for sale. Please state a price reflecting current market value for your artwork. For any artwork sold, the BFAC shall retain twenty-five percent (25%) of the selling price as commission and shall remit seventy-five percent (75%) of the selling price to the artist. Any “Not For Sale” entries should be clearly marked “NFS” with the insured value on the entry form and back of artwork. The BFAC assumes reproduction rights for promotional purposes only. If a piece is sold between entry and notification, the piece is still eligible to compete in the show. However, if the piece cannot be sent to the BFAC for display in the show, it will be withdrawn from the competition. A replacement piece may be eligible at the discretion of the artist and BFAC.
May 1 ,2020
Deadline for entry submission.
No email or phone submissions will be accepted.
May 22, 2020
Notification emails sent out
Please make sure to add email@example.com to your address book so our emails don’t go to your spam folder.
June 10, 2020
BFAC is open Tues-Fri 10am-5pm
June 26, 2020
Juried Show opens to the public
June 27, 2020
Artists’ Reception from 6pm-8pm
Open to the public. Bring your family and friends so we can show you off!
August 12, 2020
Pick up hand-delivered entries from 10am-5pm
BFAC Best of Show
Clay Pitzer Memorial
Lester & Virginia Clark Memorial
Travis H. Toland Memorial