Skip to content
- This is a national/international competition open to all artists 21 years of age and over. Artwork that has been exhibited at the Breckenridge Fine Arts Center’s Juried Show (BFAC) in the past is not eligible to be entered in the Juried Show. Original artwork must not be older than 3 years, except in Bronze Sculpture.
- Original, 2 and 3-dimensional art only. No photography, prints, or computer-generated artwork will be accepted. No artwork over 3-years-old may be shown except in Bronze Sculpture.
- Boundary measurement of framed art shall not exceed 200 inches. Boundary measurement is determined by adding the length and width measurements together and multiplying by 2. For example: 24″x30″ framed painting would equal a 108 inch boundary. 24 + 30= 54 x 2= 108″ Round numbers up.
- Oil, watercolor, scratchboard, acrylic, gouache, alkyd, tempera, mixed media, pastel, pencil, pen and ink, aquatint, fiber, bronze, wood, glass and ceramic will be accepted. If you have a question regarding your media, please email us: email@example.com
- All entry submissions must be submitted on our website via the online form by May 31, 2019. No exceptions. www.BreckenridgeFineArt.org
DIGITAL IMAGE SUBMISSION
- Using our online registration form, you will be required to submit one 8-megapixel or larger (no larger than 20-megapixel) jpg image per entry. This requirement will allow your artwork to be large enough to appear clearly in our catalog. No images with frames showing will be accepted.
ENTRY FORM AND FEE
- A completed online form and non-refundable entry fee (in US dollars) must accompany each entry. The entry fee is $25.00 per entry submitted. The entry form and entry fee must be received by 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2019. Submit as many entries as you wish. Fees may be paid with any Visa or MasterCard debit/credit card as well as Discover or American Express.
NOTIFICATION OF SELECTION
- All entrants will be emailed notification whether their artwork has been selected or not. All original artwork accepted into the show shall be either hand delivered no later than July 6, 2019, or shipped to the BFAC on or before July 5, 2019. Ship early if possible.
- All shipping charges (both directions) for artwork shall be at the artist’s expense.
- All shipped artwork shall be in sturdy, reusable containers. Your shipping and packaging material must be useful for the return of your paintings or you will be charged an extra fee for packing materials supplied by the BFAC.
- SHIP TO: Breckenridge Fine Arts Center | Director: Shalon Taylor Wilson
207 N. Breckenridge Ave. | Breckenridge, TX 76424
Phone: (254) 559-6602
- All accepted artwork must be labeled on the back with: artist’s name, title of piece, phone number, retail price or Not For Sale (If NFS, please indicate but also include insurance value).
- All artwork shall be shipped back to the artist via artist’s carrier unless other arrangements are made with the BFAC. We suggest that you buy a RETURN SHIPPING LABEL when you purchase the shipping label to us.
- NO POPCORN PACKING MATERIAL ALLOWED. Any work sent with popcorn packing material will NOT be exhibited in our show.
- No glass except for pastel art. Only Plexiglas glazing will be accepted for all other artwork. This is essential for the safety of the originals.
- All artwork should be framed, wired and ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers. Gallery-wrapped canvases are acceptable if the sides are painted and the piece is wired and ready to hang.
- Check your shipping insurance. You are responsible for insuring the amount above what your shipper will cover.
DISPLAY AND SALE OF ORIGINAL ART
- The BFAC prefers entries that are for sale. Please state a price reflecting current market value for your artwork. For any artwork sold, the BFAC shall retain twenty-five percent (25%) of the selling price as commission and shall remit seventy-five percent (75%) of the selling price to the artist. Any “Not for Sale” entries should be clearly marked “NFS” with the insured value on the entry form and back of artwork. The BFAC assumes reproduction rights for promotional purposes only. If a piece is sold between entry and notification, the piece is still eligible to compete in the show. However, if the piece cannot be sent to the BFAC for display in the show, it will be withdrawn from the competition. A replacement piece may be eligible at the discretion of the BFAC.
ABOUT THE JUROR