207 North Breckenridge Ave
Breckenridge, TX 76424
Workshops are an important part of the BFAC. We strive to bring you the best instruction in our custom-built facility. Whether it be with a 2-Dimensional or 3-Dimensional medium, the BFAC's Workshop rooms are equipped with optimum lighting and equipment.
We have hand-picked several well-known and local artisans to instruct you on everything from beginning techniques, to passionate plein-air creation. We think that you will find the dates and prices to be very reasonable. Please scroll down for our list of Workshops for 2014 and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- February 18 Glass Fusion Jewelry, Debbie Malone
- Mar. 4 & 11 Stained Glass, Debbie Malone
- April 15 Artistic glass fusion, Debbie Malone
- May 12-13 Colored Pencil, Linda Lucas Hardy
- August 1-3 Oil Painting, Kaye Franklin
Hours of operation: Tuesday - Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday 10am - 3pm Closed Sunday-Monday.
Summer Hours: Closed Saturdays from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Kaye Franklin, Graham, TX
Oil and Pastel Workshop
Time: 9am to 4pm
Cost: Approximately $260 - If class size is 10 students. The workshop is for both oil and pastel artists. See the supply lists below.
The three day workshop begins with a demonstration each morning, a one hour break for lunch and then painting and instruction.
Kaye Franklin began her art career in the early 80's. where she studied
exclusively with Connecticut artist William Henry Earle. Her pursuit of excellence has won her the deepest respect from her students, peers and serious collectors. She is also an accomplished plein air painter.
She has received many national awards and honors and is recognized as a Master Pastellist with the Pastel Society of America, Master Signature Member-American Women Artists and Signature Member of the Oil Painters of America and American Impressionistic Society.
Oil Workshop Supply List
CADMIUM YELLOW LIGHT OR PALE
CADMIUM YELLOW MEDIUM
CADMIUM YELLOW DEEP
CADMIUM RED LIGHT
GRUMBACHER RED (OPTIONAL)
CERULEAN BLUE HUE
Holbein Grey of Grey (optional)
2-4-6-8- flats or brights
STRETCHED CANVAS OR CANVAS BOARDS
RECOMMENDED SIZE 9x12 -11X14 OR 12X16
PLEXIGLASS OR WOODEN ( NO PAPER PALETTES IF POSSIBLE)
- ODORLESS TURPENIOD (PLEASE)
- EASEL- the fine arts center also has easels.
This list is for pastel students only!
- 90 OR LARGER SET -SOFT PASTELS- ANY OF THE MAJOR BRANDS-- SMALL SET PASTEL PENCILS- CARBOTHELLO OR DERWENT
- SANDED PASTEL PAPER (www.dakotapastels.com)
- ART SPECTRUM sanded boards or paper or any brand of sanded pastel paper is ok—BELGIAN GREY is a good middle color, but any color is okay
- BOARD -TO SUPPORT PAPER - fine arts center has boards available
- ALUM. FOIL- TO MAKE A TRAY TO CATCH DUST ODORLESS TURPENOID...MUST BE ODORLESS BRISTLE BRUSH
Debbie Malone, Runaway Bay, TX
Beginning/Intermediate Glass Fusion Jewelry Making
Time: 9am to 4pm
Cost: $110 - with $25 supplies fee paid directly to the instructor.
Learn to make your own designer fused glass jewelry. Explore the ancient glass techniques while using space age Dichroic glass. Dichroic glass has an amazing brilliance and depth of color that makes this wearable art so attractive.
You will learn glass cutting, layering, full fusing, tack fusing, and wire wrapping. Students will create on average about 3 to 4 pieces depending on the size. (These finished pieces have a market value of approximately $30 to $40 each.)
This class is approximately 8 hours with a lunch break. All jewelry will be finished and ready to wear! Come have a fun and relaxing day!