207 North Breckenridge Ave
Breckenridge, TX 76424
Workshops are an important part of the BFAC. We strive to bring you the best instruction in our custom-built facility. Whether it be with a 2-Dimensional or 3-Dimensional medium, the BFAC's Workshop rooms are equipped with optimum lighting and equipment.
We have hand-picked several well-known and local artisans to instruct you on everything from beginning techniques, to passionate plein-air creation. We think that you will find the dates and prices to be very reasonable. Please scroll down for our list of Workshops for 2014 and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- February 18 Glass Fusion Jewelry, Debbie Malone
- Mar. 4 & 11 Stained Glass, Debbie Malone
- April 15 Artistic glass fusion, Debbie Malone
- May 12-13 The Art of Colored Pencil, Linda Lucas Hardy
- August 1-3 Oil Painting, Kaye Franklin
Hours of operation: Tuesday - Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday 10am - 3pm Closed Sunday-Monday.
Summer Hours: Closed Saturdays from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Kaye Franklin, Graham, TX
Oil and Pastel Workshop
Time: 9am to 4pm
Cost: Approximately $260 - If class size is 10 students. The workshop is for both oil and pastel artists. See the supply lists below.
The three day workshop begins with a demonstration each morning, a one hour break for lunch and then painting and instruction.
Kaye Franklin began her art career in the early 80's. where she studied
exclusively with Connecticut artist William Henry Earle. Her pursuit of excellence has won her the deepest respect from her students, peers and serious collectors. She is also an accomplished plein air painter.
She has received many national awards and honors and is recognized as a Master Pastellist with the Pastel Society of America, Master Signature Member-American Women Artists and Signature Member of the Oil Painters of America and American Impressionistic Society.
Oil Workshop Supply List
CADMIUM YELLOW LIGHT OR PALE
CADMIUM YELLOW MEDIUM
CADMIUM YELLOW DEEP
CADMIUM RED LIGHT
GRUMBACHER RED (OPTIONAL)
CERULEAN BLUE HUE
Holbein Grey of Grey (optional)
2-4-6-8- flats or brights
STRETCHED CANVAS OR CANVAS BOARDS
RECOMMENDED SIZE 9x12 -11X14 OR 12X16
PLEXIGLASS OR WOODEN ( NO PAPER PALETTES IF POSSIBLE)
- ODORLESS TURPENIOD (PLEASE)
- EASEL- the fine arts center also has easels.
This list is for pastel students only!
- 90 OR LARGER SET -SOFT PASTELS- ANY OF THE MAJOR BRANDS-- SMALL SET PASTEL PENCILS- CARBOTHELLO OR DERWENT
- SANDED PASTEL PAPER (www.dakotapastels.com)
- ART SPECTRUM sanded boards or paper or any brand of sanded pastel paper is ok—BELGIAN GREY is a good middle color, but any color is okay
- BOARD -TO SUPPORT PAPER - fine arts center has boards available
- ALUM. FOIL- TO MAKE A TRAY TO CATCH DUST ODORLESS TURPENOID...MUST BE ODORLESS BRISTLE BRUSH
Linda Lucas Hardy, Beginning Colored Pencil Workshop
When: May 12-13, 2017
Time: 9am to 4pm
Where: Breckenridge Fine Arts Center (use back door by fire department to enter)
207 N Breckenridge Ave., Breckenridge, TX 76424 254.559.6602
Cost: Estimated, $150 to $120 with instructors pamphlet
"The Art of Colored Pencil" a Linda Lucas Hardy Workshop designed for beginners. Come join Linda as she teaches how to take colored pencil to another level, beyond sketching & beyond coloring. In this workshop you will learn how to bring this versatile medium to an almost paint like quality, dense and dramatic. You can expect non-intimidating step-by-step exercises, plenty of demonstrations, expert guidance, support and encouragement.